Five reasons to convert from electric to propane power
Posted: September 27, 2018
If you use an electric-powered furnace or heat pump to keep you warm in the fall and winter months, you’re missing out on the many benefits that clean, green propane provides.
Why consider making the switch to propane? Consider these advantages:
- It’s more reliable:With electric heating, you’re at the mercy of the grid, which can be unreliable in severe weather and leave you without heat until maintenance crews arrive. With propane, you’re free of the grid – and if you get automatic propane delivery, you never have to worry about your heat shutting off or your propane running out.
- It’s more versatile:Propane is a powerful and versatile fuel that can run all your appliances, including your space heaters, water heater, clothes dryer, standby power generators and more.
- It’s more efficient:Propane provides far more BTUs per dollar than electricity does – which means you’ll be more comfortable for less money.
- It’s better for the environment – Much of the electricity produced today is still generated by coal-fired plants – so when you choose clean-burning propane, you significantly cut down on carbon emissions.
- It’s safe – Propane handling, propane maintenance, and propane deliveries are all heavily regulated by federal DOT, OSHA, and EPA compliance codes, along with a number of state and local fire and safety laws. Our propane tank installation and delivery teams undergo extensive training to ensure their work complies with every one of those laws and codes.
Contact Rand Wade Oil today to get a FREE, no obligation estimate on a propane conversion and propane tank installation for your home.