Propane: The Perfect Agribusiness Fuel
Posted: July 20, 2020
If you’re a Greene County farmer, you’ve known for years that the work you do is an essential service. Now the rest of the world knows it, too.
To make sure you’re ready for the COVID-19 challenges still ahead, you’re going to need all your tools and know-how – plus a reliable supply of propane gas.
Farm Jobs For Propane
When it comes to keeping your commercial farm on the move, propane delivers. Rely on propane gas in your agribusiness for:
- Grain drying
- Space and water heating
- Flame tilling
- Irrigation engines
- Backup generator power
- Propane forklifts
- Cooking and roasting
- And more!
The Propane Advantage
Nearly 830,000 American farms use propane, and with good reason: propane provides reliable, efficient energy and a versatility that makes it an almost perfect farming fuel.
Why make the switch to propane power on your farm? Consider these benefits:
- Cost savings – Propane is significantly less expensive than gas or diesel fuel, and propane-powered engines cost far less to purchase and repair than their diesel counterparts.
- Fewer emissions – Propane’s lower carbon emissions offer big environmental benefits that can create additional economic incentives through organizations such as the Propane Education and Research Council ; it can also open up unique marketing opportunities by helping you promote your “green” management practices.
- Clean burning performance – Propane burns cleaner than gasoline or diesel – which means you will experience less wear and tear on your equipment, lower maintenance costs, and less equipment downtime due to repairs.
- Fuel security – Propane is used in a closed-end fueling system, which virtually eliminates loss from theft and spillage.
- American-made – More than 95 percent of the propane we use domestically is made in America, and we have plenty of it. Using this clean, American fuel is good for your farm and good for the country.
- No pooling – If you spill propane, it evaporates without contaminating soil or water.
The bottom line
If you’re looking for a better, more efficient way to grow food and grow your farm, propane is the way to go – and Rand Wade Oil is the place to get it.
Need propane for your North Carolina farm this season, or for the coming harvest? Rand Wade Oil can help. Contact us today to learn more!